Lemon Chrysoprase / Magnesite
Several types of ths material come out of Australia, found in the Eastern Goldfields area of Western Australia. Magnesite is magnesium carbonate and occurs as veins and nodules and is an alterations product of serpentine and other magnesium rich rock types. One type with its mixture of translucent mint green to yellow magnesite and the black spiderweb matrix which is probably Manganese makes beautiful jewelry.
The Yerilla Chrysoprase mine also produces quantities of yellow and green coloured magnesite in varying sizes. Not as hard as Chrysoprase, the material is nonetheless siliceous and similar to marble when cut and polished. This material contains a brown chert matrix. This type of matrix polishes to a fine red - brown finish and provides an earthy balance to the magnesite.
- 2 Lemon Chrysoprase preformed rough slab, 90.5 ct., natural yellow (rs72096) $5.00
- Lemon Chrysoprase rough chunk, natural material for cabinet specimen (rc6891) Out of stock
- Lemon Chrysoprase rough chunk, natural material for cabs or specimen (rs11887) Out of stock
- Lemon Chrysoprase Cabochon, 15x20x5, (Magnesite / Citron) (lc41282) $11.00
- Lemon Chrysoprase Cabochon, 20x25x6.5 mm, (Magnesite / Citron) (lc4581) $8.00
- Lemon Chrysoprase Cabochon, 15x22x5, (Magnesite / Citron) small (lc121571) $11.00
- Lemon Chrysoprase Cabochon, 20x22x5, Magnesite, Citron, (lc7471)x $12.00
- Lemon Chrysoprase Cabochon,23x26x5, Magnesite, Citron, (lc7472)x $14.00
- Lemon Chrysoprase Cabochon,16x22x5, (Magnesite / Citron) (lc8871)x Out of stock
- Lemon Chrysoprase Cabochon, 15x18x5, (Magnesite / Citron) (lc8873)x $7.00